One Month To Go
1. Read over documents from your movers before signing anything. Don’t let contracts intimidate you by learning about the documents you’ll be receiving ahead of time. We can’t emphasize enough how important this is.
2. Take pictures of all electronics & cables before unplugging them. This will make reconnecting things such as your TV, cable box, and internet much easier.
3. Make a list of all your valuables before they go on the moving truck. Label the boxes you packed your them in.
4. Gather socks, t-shirts, towels, and linens to use as free packing supplies, especially for those fragile items.
5. Switch your cable and internet. Be sure to check if your current cable company can move with you. If not, cancel your old services and schedule installation
6. Make a moving day playlist. Moving is stressful enough… Have some fun while packing!
7. Find somewhere for pets to go during your move. Look into doggy daycare or ask a friend to watch them for a day – who wouldn’t love to dog sit the pups?
8. Change your address with loan providers, credit cards, banks, and the payroll department at work. Also, remember to order new checks.
9. Forward your mail!
10. Update your address on Amazon/HelloFresh/Instacart or any monthly subscriptions boxes you receive.
11. Confirm parking options for your moving truck – you may need a permit for moving day.
12. Purchase moving insurance to cover all your belongings during the move. Better safe than sorry.
13. Prepare a list of emergency service technicians and preferred providers.